Our list of the year’s most played songs
Alright the year is at its end! Well we know there are still a couple of weeks before it actually ends but then this is our last issue for the year. We rolled out our first issue on January 1 this year and as we complete on whole year of existence we cannot deny that it is all because of the love and attention that you have showered.
The love of hits has worked like good music for us, helping us grow – research does show that good music help plans grow, if not human beings! Keeping music in mind we thought we would bring out a list of songs released during the year that you completely loved and grooved to. So when you are selecting the songs for a special year end party you will know just where to look into for some ideas. Here we go…
1) Ibn Batuta: The year kick started with the super flick Ishqiya. While the movie was superlative the song Ibn Batuta sung by Sukhwinder Singh became a rage.
2) Love Sex aur Dhokha: A completely unconventional film and a completely suiting song. Love, Sex aur Dhokha had great sounds and makes a great dance number.
3) Tere Liye: Though Vivek Oberoi starrer Prince didn’t do well at the box office it saw one of the biggest openings on the year. And that despite the absence of any big star in the cast. The reason attributed by many analyst was one – Tere Liye. The track was such a rage that it single handedly took care of the entire promotion of the film!
4) More Saiyyan: One of the best films of the year Rajneeti deserved at least one good track. And Aadesh Srivastav came up with just that as he composed and sang More Saiyyan. It is not your typical dance number but this one can surely warm up the party and put you into just the right spirit.
5) Pee Loon: A film starring Emraan Hashmi and not having good music is an absolute rarity. And when he gets just one song in the film it has to be good! Pee Loon, where Emraan serenades Prachi Desai and even makes her wear Dimple Kapadia’s outfit from Bobby, is just that number. Like More Saiyyan this one too is not a dance number. Rather it’s one of the foremost romantic songs of the year – just right to bring some romantic balance to your party.
6) Gal Mitthi Mitthi: Amit Trivedi is indeed the new sensation in Hindi film music. The composer who took us by surprise in Dev D and then his single track in Wake Up! Sid does a complete departure from the type of music he has done before and brought out Gal Mitthi Mitthi in Aisha. An out and out dance number this is one of the biggest hits of the year.
7) Munni Badnaam: If we are talking biggest hits and dance numbers we really cannot leave out Munni Badnaam. This track from Dabangg, often criticized by many as extremely vulgar, is the most hyped song of the year. And there are no two ways about it.
8 ) Hairat: Lucky Ali does not sing often. And when he does he strikes! The singer brought a completely different side of his singing as he sang Hairat Hai from Anjaana Anjaani. The track composed by Vishal Shekhar is one of the most played tracks in discotheques across India this year.
9) Zor Ka Jhatka: Assamese folks can rejoice. Zor Ka Jhatka, composed by Pritam and a part of the Action Replayy album, has it’s inspirations in the state’s folk music. So we could boast ‘It’s got to be a hit’! Zor Ka Jhatka continue to play at every corner store and auto-rickshaw, as we continue to tap our feet to the beat!
10) Sheila Ki Jawani: There are really no prizes for guessing this one. Sheila Ki Jawani pips a whole bunch of other numbers as the latest track in the list. The song and its video, featuring the ultra-hot Katrina Kaif gyrating in her sexiest best, have captured the imagination of elders and youngsters alike. So much that every known Sheila in the country is suddenly the centre of attention. Goes without saying the film Tees Maar Khan’s promotions are riding on it!
There are host of other numbers. For example Uff Teri Ada from Karthik Calling Karthik, Thok De Killi from Raavan, Bin Tere from I Hate Luv Storys, Dum Dum from Baan Baaja Baarat and the title track of Tees Maar Khan. Each one has been extremely popularly throughout the year and are distinct.
We are looking forward to your comments and reaction to our list. You could even bring out your list, which you think is better than ours. Music is always welcome. Till then, enjoy the party!
We welcome your comments at email@example.com