Annindita Bhattacharjee tells you what’s ‘in’ this season. And we bet this is some dope you cannot miss!
‘’Thou on whose stream, mid the steep sky commotion’’
‘’Loose clouds like earth’s decaying leaves are shed’’…..PB Shelley
Bonjour Monsoons..! The Irresistible season of the year is here…and it’s time for the stylish wardrobe hunt !
With monsoons on the calendar we engage ourselves in serious amalgamation of colors, cuts, trends, style & desperately need some fashion aid. Here are a few easy steps to steer your way just like any fashionista doing it across the globe. Do it like Prada, Tom Ford, Jacobs, Dior, Valentino, Betsey, DVF, Sabyasachi, Manish Arora, Sonia Rykeil, Chanel, Cavalli & many more.
• Colors Burst– As per Pantone Colors of 2015, a few very interesting colors are Marsala, Scuba Blue, Lucite Green, Classic Blue, Strawberry Ice, Biscay Bay, Cadmium Orange, Cashmere Oak, Amethyst Orchid & the comeback color Fuchsia. Being an Indian, you might always love adding a few more colors like Ochre, Treetop, Orange, Reds & the ever favourite Magenta. It’s the time to wear bright colors & mix match with subtle colors to be the ’Monsoon Diva’.
• Print is super Fashionable – Prints everywhere! Prints dominate International & Indian fashion absolutely & trust me it is here to stay, so chin-up & shop..! Monochromatic, Indigo, Tropical, Abstract, Cut-out, Animal, Military, Novelty, Polka & Floral prints are the hottest. Also indulge in statement Stripes, Kaleidoscope & Gingham, Gen ‘Y’ love them. Team your prints with contrast solids or different prints to create a signature look. You will see a lot of Botanical, Atmosphere, Spliced, Geometric, Tropical, In Lay, Floral, Ancient, Smokey & Fine line prints in the coming season 2016-2017.
• Drape wise –How much of time we waste on it…can’t deny right..? Choosing the right type of Fabric is a real time ’under the sleeve’ job. Cotton is a sure comfort wear for Indian climate but with a drizzle it will glue to your body & give you shivers rest of the day..uhhh discomfort..! Easy hack is to choose a rayon or poly blend fabric. It will dry soon even if you get drenched. Poly Chiffons & Georgettes can be an option for an evening or night out. However it is recommended to spare the hot song sequences for the movies only. Wear Lace dresses, tops, kurtis, shorts, skirts…it’s sensuous, it’s the ultimate feminine thing. Avoid leggings as they are too fitted.
• A Cut above –So much to choose from…!! Pants, Jeans, Shorts, Dresses, Skirts, Tanks, Lace Tops & for the ethnic belle’s shirt tunics, kurtis, sarees, ghagra skirts & choli tops. That was Dinosaur era when you used to keep the dresses & shorts off your closet because of your extra pounds…time to love your Curves & be flamboyant. Choose from a variety of dresses that suit your body type. Tall, short, thin, flab, dusky or fair… there is something for each one of you.
Pants– Go for fuss free slightly loose fits. Pockets could come as a relief to keep your hands free. Cuffed bottoms, Culottes are very ‘IN’ & yes you can still wear Jumpsuits!
Jeans – No you don’t have to buy a new pair…so relax..! Just roll up the bottom for a comfortable yet stylish walk. You may wear a studded waterproof belt to add a little glitz to your look.
Shorts – They are absolutely perfect for the season. Wear them any length. Go for bright colors, you can choose neons too!
Dresses -Audrey loved it & so does new age Divas. Maxi, Wrap, Shirt, sheath, A-Line, Peplum & Cocktail are all dress types. One piece Shirtdress is ultimate for monsoons try it with a vibrant head scarf a printed wet proof cross shoulder bag & a wet proof boot or flip-flop.
Sarees – Ultra feminine. Though a little messy for Monsoons but a regular wear for most Indians. Wear printed blouses or cholis in boat neck which is a rage this season. Do keep in mind broad neck makes the shoulder look broad. So choose according to your body type. Lace & mirror work glitzy Cholis could be a head turner for the gorgeous evenings. Try antique metal clutches or Box shape clutches for the extra bling & pointed stilettos to score highest.
Skirts – They are super comfortable, easy to wear & the ‘In Thing’. Wear them short, mid long or Ghagra style. They will give you the chic urban look. Polka, Stripe, Animal, Abstract, Floral or Tropical printed…just anything..! Team up with lacey tops, cholis, ganjee or shirts..!
• Must have accessories – The wet proof army of belts, ear-cuffs, palm cuffs, neckpieces, thick Bangles, Glass Bangles & oversized rings. Avoid metal this season as they might tarnish. Carry bright bags, umbrellas & ditch the dullness with the printed wet proof boots & studded flip flops or Jesus sandals.
• Lit up your Face – Keep make-up minimal more of nude, just loads of wash proof Mascara & Pink, Coral, Orange or Red Lips. You will conquer more hearts than you ever imagined. Nails Brightest. Bonus- try nail art..!!!
VOILA YOU ARE A STUNNER READY TO CONQUER THE RAINS…!
Fashion Designer & Consultant: Annindita Bhattacharjee
Research courtesy : Pantone, Vogue, Marie Claire, Vanity Fair, Elle, Fashion.
We welcome your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org