I wondered awhile and glanced at some items in the refrigerator. There was nothing out of which I could make some reasonable snacks for few friends who dropped by for late afternoon gossips. Taking risk to make something new was to gamble with flavours but I ventured out equipped with some chicken salami unpredictably .
Ingredients ( the amount depends on the number guests and how tangy you would like the flavour to be. )
- Chicken salami
- Black pepper
- Green chili
- Salt to taste ( optional)
- Heat oil
- Put the salami pieces in the oil and fry longer on one side, so that concave shaped is formed. Fry until golden brown. Over-turn it and fry in the oil for sometime until the other side of the salami is slightly golden. Remember only one side of the salami needs to be golden brown. Take it out from the oil and let it cool.
- De-seed cucumber, green chilies and tomatoes and finely chop them.
- Chop onions, coriander leaves and ginger finely.
- Mix the ingredients 3 and 4 in a bowl. Sprinkle little black pepper. Salami is already salty so I did not sprinkle salt in the mixture.
- Place the fried salami on a serving dish and place the mixture in the salami. ..and salami tang is ready.
The snack is quick and easy to make. Enjoy with along with spicy potato chips, pokoras, kurkhure etc !
N.B: Taste of the snack depends on freshness and spiciness of the salami