Chinky Egg Curry
This edition, I bring you Pramathesh’s recipe on making a simple fast egg curry with ready to cook Chinese Schezuan powder. I tried this curry not once but thrice to get it right. Although it looks simple, it is not so. The technique in this curry is all about how to boil eggs. The yolk needs to mix up with the curry and the egg whites keep floating in the curry. One needs to be very careful in cutting the half boiled eggs to avoid spilling yolk. So here we go!
1. 4 eggs
2. 1 packet of Knorr Chinese Schezuan ready to cook powder
3. 1 medium sized onion
4. 2 green chilies
5. 2 large cloves of garlic
6. A small sized ginger
7. Salt to taste
8. ½ piece of carrot and ½ ripe capsicum. Vegetable is optional. (if you want to mix vegetables with the curry try small cubes of carrots, peas and capsicum. Other vegetable do not blend well)
1. Finely chop the onions, garlic, ginger and green chilies.
2. Cut the carrot and capsicum into very small pieces.
3. Boil the eggs only till half done. Note* do not boil eggs fully. Boil them for 5-7 minutes. Take them out and keep them under running water and de-shell the eggs instantly. Cut into small cubes.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the ready to cook Chinese Schezuan powder in warm water and mix them well.
5. Heat oil and fry the chopped onions, garlic, ginger and green chilies and fry them for few minutes till all ingredients get mixed. Add carrots and tomatoes and fry for sometime. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
6. After sometime pour the water containing Chinese Schezuan powder and stir. Stir until the water become little thick and starchy
7. Now put the eggs pieces into the curry and stir for sometimes. The egg yolk will get mix with the curry and blend with the starchy thick gravy.
Its ready:: Its Tangy! Its spicy! Its hot! It tastes different (due to the yolk in the gravy)!
Enjoy with rice!!