CHICKEN CHILLY- UNFRIEDFebruary 1, 2011
There comes a time of the year; the festive season in particular, when we have so many friends and family members around, probably a whole week when we have to celebrate with different people on different occasions. Needless to say, amidst all those celebrations, we tend to get carried away sometimes and end up eating up more than we should. Of course, the delicious looking food dripped in butter and oil does tempt us. It is only in the post-celebration period we realize how much weight we’ve put on, and how difficult it is now going to be to shed all that off. But, we cannot do away with the delicacy either. Can we? Well, precisely this time is when we need something during festive dinner that’s easily made, mouth-watering and best of all- absolutely healthy and oil free! Here’s where this special Diet Chicken comes in…
- Medium sized chicken pieces (as per requirement)
- Capsicums (2-3, sliced according to choice)
- Ginger, garlic and onion grinded to a paste together
- 1 big onion (finely chopped)
- Green chilies (2)
- Tomato ketchup
- Soya sauce
- Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoonful sugar
- Salt (according to taste)
- Corn flour
Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Clean the chicken, sprinkle a little salt, mix well and microwave for 20 minutes. This will bring out all the fat inside the chicken pieces and can be drained out.
- Mix the de-oiled chicken with the paste of onion, garlic and ginger, cumin powder, green chilies, tomato ketchup, soya sauce, salt and sugar and let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped onions and sliced capsicum in a micro-proof bowl, mix with 2 drops of oil and a pinch of salt, and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and onions to the marinated chicken. Mix well. Cook in the microwave mode again for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add water and a little corn flour paste to the chicken. Microwave again for another 15 minutes.
Yummy healthy, oil less, Chilly Chicken is ready. Enjoy with hot rice!