Aloo MastiSeptember 15, 2010
* 4 medium sized potatoes
* 1 medium sized onion
* 5 green chillies ( or red chillies add colour)
* Leaves of 6/7 green coriander
* 4 pieces of garlics
* 1 tea spoon of mustard oil
* Salt to taste
* Boil the potatoes and cool them in cool running water. It retains the colour
* Chop corriander, onion, garlic, green ( or red) chillies finely.
* Add the teaspoon of mustard oil and sprinkle the salt to taste.
* Mix all the ingredients and mash the potatoes. Mix well.
@ Rimple: Thanx
@Noyon: Its easy anybody can make it.!! Try koriba !
muk bonai diya kunubaye
Good n quick recipe indeed. will try it :))
anytime,anywhere,along with almost anything!!!…
Sergio.. the real flavour is from not heated mustrad oil. It’s good to eat as side dish. the combination is boil rice, a bowl of cooked boiled pulses ( dal in hindi) and aloo masti ( aloo is know as potato) masti means joy. however since its needs to be smashed..in local language i.e. in Assamese it is called pitika.. hence the dish is all about smashed boiled potatoes. Have fun !!
I will try making this dish. I looks and sounds delicious!
A favorite on my platter back home! 🙂