Coconut Rice ! by Rajeev NandagopalDecember 1, 2012
- Boiled Rice
- Cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- Red chilies 6, broken into half
- 1 ½ tspBengalGram
- ½ grated coconut
- Pour oil in a kadai ( wok)
- When the oil is hot splutter mustard seeds and add theBengalgram. Fry the ingredients till it becomes light brown.
- Add the red chilies and curry leaves and stir twice (few times) and take off from the gas stove / flames.
- Add the grated coconut and salt to this and stir well off the flame.
- Now add the rice and mix it in very very slowly and gently if you want the rice to
Rajeev says, “rice should be warm and separate. After mixing, one can warm it in an oven or indirect heat but no re-cooking. Best to go with coconut rice is is chicken curry, mutton curry, fish fry or even pickles as accompaniment.”
We welcome your comments at email@example.com