Why should you contribute to an indie project like Local Kung Fu 2?
A lot of people ask me as why should they contribute to an indie-project, that also a movie. At first glance, it looks like a senseless proposition to most of us. Well, the answer is different for different projects but since, a lot of my friends specifically asked for Local Kung Fu 2, I will try to generalise my answers based on LKF2. Unlike European countries, India is in it’s nascent stages of crowd funding and indie film making. Despite that, it’s doing so good. There are so many indie film makers who are not just making good films but also winning us prestigious awards by staying true to their craft. So, coming to the point let me jot down a few reasons.
- Most of us have watched Local Kung Fu although a majority of us are guilty of watching the pirated version of it. Not giving any saintly advice, we all know the cult movie it was. It is difficult to say if Local Kung Fu 2 will recreate the cult but a little financial backing will take the movie to a larger audience. Kenny and his team is not asking for donations but want you to be part of it. They are not emotionally blackmailing and we can assure you that he will deliver of what he promises.
- There are a lot of film-makers in Assam looking for crowd-sourcing. I don’t say that Kenny and his team is the best. Support him or support anyone you believe is capable. We just want that more and more good film-makers come to Assam and make good films. Just support indie-films in some way, shape or form.
- Jobs: Jobs are another benefit. Kenny as I know him is a shrewd businessman. He will utilise the money generated from the funding and use it wisely. Unlike LKF1, which was made in mere 1 lakh, LKF2 is made a in higher budget. They are looking for crowd-funding the post-production process only. We don’t have the exact figures but it is no less than 50 people including actors, crew members and technicians.
- It’s your chance to create something. Although, not directly but helping someone realise their dreams. Your karma will help you someday when you are trying to chase your dreams. While we don’t guarantee that it will be the best movie of the year, we can assure you that it’s a very good team of awesomely talented people.
- Last but not the least, Kenny has assisted industry greats and knows the mundane but minute details of the movie-making skills.
If my reasons were enough for convincing you, go support an indie-movie today. Particularly, Local Kung fu 2 as only 7 days are left and 2 lakhs are still needed to achieve their target. Go visit this link and contribute. If you cannot contribute financially, do contribute by sharing it with your friends.
P.S. – This article was scheduled to be published in cinearts.in blog but due to unavoidable reasons we are unable to give it time.
We welcome your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org