From Blue Hills to Mayong!April 27, 2014
The recent documentary Songs of the Blue Hills, by renowned film critic and documentary film maker, Utpal Borpujari has been selected for five international film festivals
- Visions du Reel Film Festival (Nyon, Switzerland) in their International Doc market section which showcase the film to potential buyers,
- Gothenburg Independent Film Festival (Sweden),
- New York Indian Film Festival (NYIFF),
- Eyes & Lenses Ethnographic Film Festival (Warsaw, Poland) and
- World Music & Independent Film Festival (Washington).
The film is a 96 minutes feature-length musical documentary on folk songs, fusion folk songs with contemporary music, captures interviews with musicians, musicologists from Nagaland. The documentary is produced by Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT) under Ministry of Culture, Government of India. Utpal Borpujari says, “It is all about mixing folk music with different kinds of sounds by fusing western classical, choral, jazz, blues with the folk music. Due to the mixing of music, the inter-tribe mixing is also happening.”
Utpal Borpujari also made a documentary on the land of sorcerer Mayong named “Mayong :Myth/Reality” which got him quite a recognition.
We welcome your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org