Shah Rukh Khan’s Dilwale has released. And while the film is doing great numbers at the box office we found lots of things that the film has with SRK’s own Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham. Similarities that will tickle you, and make you smile. Below are few of those.
- Both films have an ensemble cast. And have two brothers at the center of the story-line. A protective elder brother and a loving younger brother.
- Both films have stories spread over a decade. In both cases the younger brother grows up and turns into a handsome hunk.
- In both the films the elder brother is adopted as a child. And in both cases, the scene where the younger brother finds out that his elder brother was actually adopted is high on emotions. Funnily, in both the films there is a scene where the elder brags about being loved more by the parents.
- In both films the younger brother is played by a new youth sensation, with great looks and abs. Hrithik Roshan in K3G, Varun Dhawan in Dilwale. Varun also established himself as a dancer only in his last film ABCD2, while Hrithik has been known for his dancing talent. When K3G released, it was assumed that Hrithik Roshan would be the one to dethrone Shah Rukh. 15 years since, SRK continues. Today, Varun Dhawan is being pegged as the next big star.
- Kriti Sanon, who plays the younger brother’s girlfriend in Dilwale is rated as next big star among the heroines in Bollywood, much like Kareena Kapoor who played the love interest of the younger brother in K3G. Want more? Both Kareena and Kriti (notice the K factor?) debuted in launch vehicles of star kids. Kriti with Tiger Shroff, Kareena with Abhishek Bachchan.
- Both K3G and Dilwale feature SRK and Kajol in memorable, romantic roles. And they have one song shot in exotic locations.
- Both songs – Sooraj huwa madham and Gerua – have been choreographed by Farah Khan.
- Johnny Lever stars in hilarious roles in both films.
- Diwale is made by Rohit Shetty, and this is his second film with SRK. The film, Chennai Express was a massive hit. Before K3G Karan Johar too had directed one film with SRK – the blockbuster Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
- And both Dilwale and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham released in December. December 18 and December 14.
Have you managed to find more such similarities? Share with us!
We welcome your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org