Modern Cuisines by Chef Tridiba Das
As a chef, Tridiba Das has brought many fusion cuisines to the menu table. The dishes that he prepares have combinations of many ingredients giving each dish a wholesome satiated appeal. He likes to give his own twist to many North- East Indian cuisines by infusing local aroma, thereby bringing a complete different taste and feel. “His fascination towards the art of transforming a selection of raw ingredients into a delectable dish is what pushed him to travel the globe to master the skill.”- The Hindu, 7th June 2013
Glazed Soy-Chilli Pork chops with Stuffed Potatoes and Caramelized veggies
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Pinch of hot red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2nos. centre-cut boneless pork chops, cut 1/2 inch thick
- Olive oil
Combine the honey, soy and pepper flakes in a small bowl and season to taste with pepper. Heat your grill to high. Brush the chops on both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside a few tablespoons of glaze for brushing the cooked chops. Grill the pork chops until lightly crusty, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the chops over, reduce the heat to medium or move to a cooler part of the grill, and grill, brushing often with glaze, until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the chops to a platter and brush with the reserved glaze. Brush the onion slices with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the slices until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve the chops with the stuffed potatoes and caramelized Veggies.
- 200 gm. Potatoes
- 15 gm. sun dried tomatoes
- 30 ml. whole milk
- 15 ml. light sour cream
- 15gm. spinach leaves
- 25gm. cottage cheese
- 10 gm. chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoons butter
- Salt/white pepper, ½ tea spoon
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh cheese
- 15 gm. bread crumbs.
Preheat oven to 400°. Pierce potatoes with a fork; bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out flesh. Combine flesh, milk, and sour cream; mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Stir in fresh cheese and next ingredients. Divide mixture evenly and make round balls. Place potatoes balls in a single layer on baking sheet; sprinkle potatoes evenly with cheese and bread crumb mixture. Deep fry the stuffed potatoes.
Cut the veggies in desired shapes. Heat oil in the pan and tossed the veggies with salt and pepper with little lime juice. Once veggies turns caramelized remove from the pan arrange the plate accordingly. For apple fan to garnish, slice the apples. Grill it and placed on the stuffed potatoes.
Cottage Cheese Steaks with Grilled Vegetables and Mélange of Sauce Trio
- Cottage cheese; 180 gm
- Olive oil; 30ml
- Carrots; 25 gm
- Bell peppers; 5gm
- Zucchini: 15gm
- Fresh mango juice: 60 ml
- Lime juice; 15 ml.
- Tomato chutney : 15 ml
- Green mint sauce: 5 ml
- Marinate the cottage cheese with salt, pepper and oil for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables as desired, shown in the snap.
- Put oil in the grill and place cottage cheese steaks over the hot oil. Cook each side for 5 minutes each.
- Remove from grill and arrange on the plate.
- In a separate pan, pour the mango juice, lime juice and adjust seasonings. Pour the sauce over the steaks and serving plate.
- Assemble tomato chutney and mint sauce.
- Arrange the plate and serve.