By Anjana Chaturvedi
Indian style ice cream /dessert made with thickened milk and mangoes pulp
Mangoes and summer are welcomed together. We start making many types of dishes, pickles and different preserves from mangoes. Mango kulfi is the best summer dessert made with mangoes as the best relief from the hot summers is to have ice-cream or kulfis.
Kulfi is an Indian version of ice-cream but much creamier, nutty and dense then the regular ice cream ,traditionally it is made with thickened creamy milk but now we try many instant version to make kulfi which are less time consuming but taste similar to the traditional one.
In small Indian cities, town and villages hawkers still comes with a cart filled with creamy kulfi and ringing a bell and the after hearing the bell kulfi lovers came out from their house and buy kulfi..The taste of the kulfi is very addictive. You can add nuts and any fruit pulp of your choice in it.
This is a very easy and quick kulfi recipe, no cooking is required to make this, just blend all the ingredients in the mixer and freeze and your delicious kulfi is ready to enjoy !
Prep time-10 min
- Sweetened Condensed milk-1 tin ( 395 ml )
- Evaporated milk – 2.5 tin (of 160 ml )*
- Thick cream-1 tin (160 gms)
- Mango, chopped- 1.5 cup
- Cardamom powder- 1/4 tsp
- Pistachio, chopped-1 tsp (to garnish)
- In a mixer jar take everything together.
- Blend everything well.
- Fill the mixture in the kulfi moulds or Popsicle moulds or just use any container with a lid.
- Freeze for about 8 hours.
- Dip the moulds in water to easily unmould the kulfi.
- Slice into pieces.
- Garnish with some chopped mango pieces and pistachios and serve.
- You can also serve some falooda sev with the kulfi.
1-Instead of 2.5 tin, you can add 2 or 3 tins of evaporated milk, depending upon the sweetness you like to have in your kulfi.
2-If evaporated milk is not available then boil and reduce full fat milk and use .