Chicken ThukpaApril 1, 2013
by Suraj Tamang
- 400 gms Chicken (preferred boneless cut into cubes)
- 300 gms Noondle (Preferrred thick rice,wheat noodles)
- 2 Green Chilly
- Bunch of Carrot, Beans, Cabbage (julienned cut)
- 1 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon ginger/Garlic Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
10. 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
11. 2-3 tablespoon vinegar
12. Salt to taste.
13. Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
14. About 50 -100 Ml Mustard Oil.
First clean and cut chicken into big chunks. Pressure cook with some salt,1 chili and quartered onions. Now remove the meat pieces and keep aside. To the soup add julienne carrots, beans, cabbage and tomatoes and cook for one whistle and remove from heat or you can also fry the veggies in little oil separately and add this to the soup. Now shred the boiled chicken and fry in oil and keep aside. You can add little ginger/garlic paste, turmeric,coriander and red chili powder while frying chicken to make it spicy. Boil noodle in ample amount of water with bit of salt and little oil, so that noodle won’t stick together while boiling. Remove noodle when its 90% cooked and drain it.
In a deep bowl put noodles and pour the soup on top, garnish with fries chicken, chopped onions and coriander leaves and little vinegar. Serve with hot spicy Dalleko Achaar.
[P.S: This recipe you can replace Chicken with Mutton,Pork as per your choice and taste]