Fried Eye??? What’s That?
If that’s the curious question bugging you, you have come to the right page. Welcome!!
Fried Eye, to put it very simply, is a variety feature magazine.
As the name suggests, we behind Fried Eye believe life can never be understood through a monochromatic lens. Life needs appreciation, exploration and even criticism through a variety of perspectives- sometimes simple, sometimes sublime, sometimes twisted, sometimes fried.
Fried Eye is a platform for such experimentation with the multidimensional slices of life- through the mixed-combo of photography, dialogues and expositions.
Since our focus is life in its various aspects, we can assure you that Fried Eye provides the space to both the young and veteran adventurer of life to bring forth their creativity and sensitivity on any theme through any form one might wish to explore.
What kind of content shall I expect in Fried Eye?
Well, that is a tricky question. There is no fixed form or style of content that you expect from us. It is the element of surprise that you will see with each new issue. We are always changing and even after so many issues, we are still evolving. In the coming times, you will see many new types of content that are yet to be explored. Keep reading us for more details. To subscribe click here or send us a mail at email@example.com.
Interested in serving the world a slice of life prepared in your style ? Take a peek at our guidelines for submission.
I want to know more about Fried Eye
Sankhya Samhita wrote an article about the story of Fried Eye. Read More…
Who’s behind Fried Eye?
Keeping the creative fire running behind the scenes of Fried Eye is a group of young enthusiasts from varied professional backgrounds like Engineering, Management, Medicine, Literature, Mass Media and Graphical Design who add their own ingredients to the Fried Eye platter.
Pramathesh Borkotoky (email)
Noyon Jyoti Parasara (Movie Desk Editor) (email)
Fried Eye Media c/o Pramathesh Borkotoky Kenduguri, Jorhat-785010
How do I Submit my Work to Fried Eye?
We appreciate fresh voices, fresh thoughts and fresh outlook to everything that adds to life. And yes we appreciate you. If you feel for anything or want to try your hand at any kind of writing/ photography/ mixed media presentation, we look forward to hearing from you and carrying your work to the world.
So do not hesitate to send in your work to us.
Yes you heard us right. You can write on absolutely any topic under the sun- from fashion to food, economics to the eco system, horticulture to horror fiction. This is your platform and you have absolute freedom to choose your area, genre and means of expression.
So does that mean zero guidelines?
Unfortunately no. Like any other human endeavour, we have our limitations and we will regretfully have to impose the same onto the platter that makes Fried Eye . These however are not very many and have been listed below:
- All written work should be preferably in English. If you are writing in other languages, they should be accompanied by their closest English translations. If you are using vernacular words in English, we prefer you add them as end notes or as a glossary at the end of the piece.
- At the moment our team can only work with Assamese and Hindi. But we will be happy to advertise for translators for you should your work be in any other language. Both the translator and the original author of the piece will be given due credit.
- Must be an Original Article that you wrote. If you are sending articles on behalf of someone else, kindly use his/her name and email.
- The article must accompany a title. The title must not be more than 7 words.
- You can have a subtitle in your article. The subtitle must not be more than 7 words.
- Ideally, the title and subtitle taken together should be restricted to 70 characters for technical reasons. The title should be well thought out as the title determines as much as 95% of the success of the article.
- It would be very helpful if you add a brief description (within 138 characters) of the article.
- We as well as all our readers would like to know more about you. As you send in your work do not forget to add a short description of yourself.
- If your article has pictures, then kindly send the details of the photographer for proper credits.
- If your article contains or consists of visual media like photographs, artwork , comic strips, caricature, mixed media panels, the following parameters should be met: We prefer jpeg pictures although png and gif are also accepted as and when required. For adding videos, upload the video in Youtube or vimeo preferably in HD and send the embed code to us. Do remember to add appropriate captions as and when required. You can also send us the mpeg video to us and we will try to upload it directly in our site.
- Do not Paste pictures in the document. Make a folder and put the pictures along with the document. Zip the folder and send it to us.
- Send only one article per mail. This will avoid confusions regarding the articles.
- Your article MUST NOT contain: pornography/adult material, hate or violence-oriented, suggest racial intolerance, advocate against any individual or group, have insulting, obscene, degrading tone, or contain profanity.
- Your article MUST NOT contain any content that is a violation of any law, be considered defamatory, libelous, or infringes on the legal rights of others.
- Your article should have proper English, spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure. While we know there is a variation in what is considered “proper English,” we ask that you at least be consistent within your article. Your article must also be proofed and double checked for accuracy. We strongly suggest that you have it proofed by someone who has a strong command of English before submitting your articles to us. This however is not mandatory.
- SIMPLE PUNCTUATION RULES: One or two spaces after each period, colon, or semi-colon; Periods should be inside of quotes; When using ellipses i.e. “…” — you should use only 3 dots minimum and maximum; When using dashes, use two in a row, ex: “–“; There is never a space BEFORE a period or BEFORE a comma.
We accept it as a wonderful compliment to see our work reappear on other websites, blogs and publications. All of our content is researched and original unless otherwise noted. A great deal of time and energy have been devoted to developing a single article. We ask that you please follow these guidelines for reposting any of the material provided from Fried Eye. Reposting original material from here not within the following guidelines is both unethical and illegal:
- Any content taken from Fried Eye should be properly and visibly credited with a link back to us: http://www.friedeye.com/
- Please introduce the content and properly credit it in a way that it would not be misinterpreted as original content researched, written or produced by a writer associated with the reposting blog, website or publication. Unless otherwise noted, all articles in this site is a property of Fried Eye.
- Reposts may include up to 150 words of the content from a single article without requesting our permission. You can determine this by cutting and pasting the portion of the post desired for repost into a word document and running a word count.
- If you desire to repost more than 150 words of an article please email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- If an article is mentioned as repost from another source, that article cannot be reposted without prior permission from the original source.
- The same applies to our authors as well.
Please note that we prefer previously unpublished contributions. Any kind of publicly accessible matter is considered as published material. This includes blogs/social networking sites/other internet sites or any other printed media.
Also note that this a free magazine distributed in the interests of giving culture back to the people instead of the industry, so we cannot pay for contributions to this publication.
By sending your entry you are aware that we hold rights to modify it suitably before publishing. We will get back in touch with you should we feel the need for considerable modification in the piece sent. However, Fried Eye will hold the final decision regarding the eventual publishing of the same.
I Don’t Write. I still want to contribute to Fried Eye
That is brilliant! There are many ways you can contribute to Fried Eye apart from being a writer:
- You can send photographs for Through the Lens.
- You can send sketches or any other visual art.
- You can send audio podcasts to be published exclusively on Fried Eye . Send Us the SoundCloud embed code or the original file. We accept only MP2 or MP3 files.
- Asking your questions to Wise Bachelor – email@example.com
- Getting in touch with Miss Cellany on any theme you want her views on – firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Becoming a Fried Volunteer . Help us in making Fried Eye better. You can help us in Cover Design, Site Maintenance , Copy Editing , Fact Checking, PDF Composing. There may be many other ways to make Fried Eye better. You can be a medium for it. If we find your work satisfactory, you can become a core member. Although, no monetary benefits can be assured as yet, but we can surely give you an experience letter for the work done as and when required.
- ADVERTISE with us. For details write in at email@example.com
For any further queries use the contact form below. Please remember to fill in the subject as QUERY FOR SUBMISSION. Alternatively, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not let your mind be imprisoned by protocols.